The 3DI Group is proud to announce that we will have seven publications in IEEE VR 2020’s proceedings!
- Run Yu and Doug Bowman have a journal paper entitled Pseudo-Haptic Display of Mass and Mass Distribution During Object Rotation in Virtual Reality based on their work with physically coherent interaction techniques in VR. This paper will be presented in Session 7: Haptics in the afternoon of Monday March 23 by Doug Bowman.
- Feiyu Lu, Shakiba Davari, Lee Lisle, Yuan Li, and Doug Bowman have a conference paper entitled Glanceable AR: Evaluating Information Access Methods for Head-Worn Augmented Reality based on their work on the Glanceable AR Access Methods project. This paper will be presented in Session 29: AR – Perception in the morning of Thursday March 26.
- Lee Lisle, Xiaoyu Chen, Edward Gitre, Chris North, and Doug Bowman have a workshop paper with Workshop on Everday Virtual Reality entitled Evaluating the Benefits of the Immersive Space to Think based on their work on the Immersive Space to Think project. The paper will be presented on Sunday March 22 by Lee Lisle.
- Shakiba Davari, Feiyu Lu, and Doug Bowman have a workshop paper with Workshop on Everday Virtual Reality entitled Occlusion Management Techniques for Everyday Glanceable AR Interfaces based on their work on the Glanceable AR Occlusion Management project. The paper will be presented on Sunday March 22 by Shakiba Davari.
- Lee Lisle and Yuan Li both have entries into the Doctoral Consortium. Yuan’s entry is entitled Spatial Referencing for Anywhere, Anytime Augmented Reality, and Lee’s entry is entitlted The Immersive Space to Think: Immersive Analytics for Multimedia Data. These will be presented in talks on Sunday March 22 as well as a poster session.
- Leonardo Pavanatto, Feiyu Lu, Shakiba Davari, Emily Harris, Anthony Folino, Samat Imamov, Satvik Chekuri, Leslie Blustein, Wallace Lages, and Doug Bowman have a 3DUI Contest Challenge Entry entitled Get the Job! An Immersive Simulation of Sensory Overload. The demo will be provided online in a future posting.
The 3DI Group would like to congratulate everyone who had entries accepted into IEEE VR this year! We are excited to see the presentations in a few weeks. We are going to setup watch parties to be held at the Moss Arts Center and make a separate announcement.