Omar Faruqi – My 2 Ideas

(1) File-storage using BlockChain. I am proposing the idea of using blockchain for the purpose of storing files on the cloud. Currently, there is a central authority where all the files are stored such as Google, but these companies typically reserve the right to peer over personal documents, etc. My idea would remove the central authority thus providing more privacy. This idea can be altered to offer any cloud service using blockchain.

(2) Blocker for story writing. Writing stories has mostly been a linear process where the writer begins with the starting of the story and works all the way to the end. Blocker is an app that allows the writer to develop a story differently. It allows the writer to develop story blocks that can be subdivided into smaller blocks or added to other blocks. This way the writer has more control over the story. For instance, the writer can begin with the concept: a hero beats the villain. This block can be subdivided into: a hero arises from a distant land; finds a magic sword; finds a villain threatening a village; defeats the villain. etc.

I am quite interested in blockchain since it seems to be gaining in popularity and seems to be tightly linked with collaboration. I’m typically interested in animation and storytelling too. I have a bachelor’s in CS and Math and also took a lot of business courses. I have the standard programming skills, etc.